Xbox is a popular game console. It is widely adored by the gaming community worldwide as well as by people who want to spend a fun time playing video games at home with friends and family. Xbox is hugely appreciated because it gives you realistic game graphics which gives you a unique experience of playing the game.
However, it feels very annoying when the entire excitement of playing a video game is broken due to the long loading time of an Xbox game. Here, we are going to discuss ways to fix Xbox games that are taking too long to start.
How to Fix Xbox Game Took Too Long to Start?
You may see the Xbox message “Took too long to start.” This problem usually occurs if the temporary files on the Xbox are corrupted. You need to check the status of Xbox Live Core Services and take appropriate actions to deal with this error. You need to get rid of the corrupted data first. There are many other methods to solve this problem. Besides:
- Check Data Integrity
- Restart Your Xbox One System
- Change region settings
- Disable the instant-on feature.
- Examine The Status Of Xbox Live Services
1. Check Data Integrity:
If the Xbox One error message “Took too long to start,” your Xbox may have encountered a problematic application, or the application you’re running has stopped responding. See the following, which may cause the problem.
- If the application stops responding to restart.
- It is possible that the application is installed on an external hard drive, resulting in slow reading and writing.
- Transfer or install all games on an internal hard drive.
- Corrupted data such as saved files, games, and persistent storage on your hard drive. If you find a corrupted save file and game delete it and try to delete the persistent save.
- Your Xbox account may be desynced from the server or the Xbox Live service may be down. Check out the Xbox Live service. If so, sign out and power cycle, and sign in again.
- Also, your hard drive may have failed. Test your hard drive by connecting it to a computer and running hard drive diagnostic software such as Sentinel and HDtune.
2. Restart Your Xbox One System:
Restarting your Android device is another simple fix for an Xbox One game taking too long to launch. You can achieve that by doing the following.
- To access the settings, click on the gear symbol.
- To continue, select Restart Console from the menu.
- If a confirmation box appears, select Yes to authorize the operation.
Another method of restarting the Xbox One is to hold down the power button until it turns off. After some time, restart it by pressing the Power button.
3. Change region settings:
By making changes to the region settings, you can fix an Xbox game that is taking too long to launch. We suggest you change the region to USA on your game console to resolve this issue smoothly. Before going for this method, remember that you can change the area once every three months. Second, you cannot do so on a suspended account and an account with a balance due on your subscription to Xbox Live. Also, keep in mind that some areas have lost some services. Finally, you can’t move your Microsoft account balance after you change your region.
- Sign yourself into your Xbox account.
- Go to the guide by scrolling to the left of the home screen.
- Select Settings > All settings > System > Language & location.
- Select the region according to your preference from the list.
- Click on Restart Now.
4. Disable the Instant-On feature:
The instant-on feature puts the Xbox console into sleep mode. It allows you to launch Xbox quickly. This feature does not turn off the Xbox completely, it runs in the background and consumes some power. But, sometimes some errors may happen. One of them is the error message that it took too long to start. To fix this problem, you need to disable the instant-on mode.
- Go to Settings by pressing the Menu button.
- Select Power and Startup > Power Options.
- Switch from instant-on mode to energy-saving mode.
Selecting energy-saving mode will completely turn off your Xbox console, causing the Xbox to start up slowly. Once the problem is fixed, you can use the Instant-on mode feature again.
5. Examine The Status Of Xbox Live Services:
If the Xbox takes a long time to start issue while trying to run certain Xbox One apps, we strongly advise you to verify the status of Xbox Live services. If there is a problem with Xbox Live services, you may encounter this problem as many programs and games depend on Xbox Live to function properly.
Visit the Xbox website to find out if Xbox Live Core Services are working and to check the status of Xbox Live services. If those services are not working you will get this Xbox error and many others. Unfortunately, your only option in this situation is to wait for Microsoft to fix it. All temporary files are kept on Xbox consoles in the cache so that games load more quickly. However, incorrect cache files can occasionally lead to problems such as Xbox taking forever to start.
Now, there is no bound to your excitement level in playing video games using an Xbox console as we have highlighted easy and safe steps to fix Xbox games that took too long to start. If you are still struggling with this problem, visit the Fix Xbox problems page to find a solution. If you find this suggestion helpful, please share it with users who are desperately looking for easy and convenient ways to fix this error.