WUDFRd error usually occurs when your update Windows 10. When Windows 10 is updated, drivers are also updated and Microsoft considers this part of the Windows 10 update! During this update process, some drivers become incompatible with your hardware, which can be considered one of the reasons for WUDFRd failure. This error may be caused by a device driver error in your system, so you need to update it to fix this problem.
When you upgrade to Windows 10, your drivers conflict with Microsoft drivers, so you get this error. Sometimes you notice a blue screen showing that there is an issue, and when you look for the issue in Event Viewer, you always visit the exact message. So in this article, you can learn 4 ways to fix the “driver wudfrd failed to load” error in Windows 10.
What is the WudfRd Driver?
WudfRd.sys is one of the Windows drivers that allows communication between your laptop and hardware or connected devices. It is a small software program that has direct access to the hardware, internals of the operating system, and so on. And with the help of a free file information forum, you can determine whether WudfRd.sys is a Windows system file or not. Trusted application.
How to Fix WudfRd Driver Driver Does Not Load?
Here are some ways to fix the WudfRd error due to incompatible drivers. However, ensure a complete backup of all important files and data in case of problems.
- Update Drivers That Are Incompatible
- Reinstall the USB controller
- Disable hard drive hibernation mode.
- To Check Windows Update
1. Update Drivers That Are Incompatible:
You can also try upgrading incompatible drivers to fix the problem. Unsuitable drivers have an exclamation mark next to them in the device supervisor, making it easier to find them. Avoid this strategy if all your drivers are compatible. If there are any incompatible vehicles, upgrade them as per instructions.
1. To open Device Manager, type devmgmt.msc in the area dialog and press OK.
2. From the context menu, right-click on the driver with the exclamation mark and select Update Driver.
3. Choose to automatically explore for software updated driver. If Windows cannot detect the latest driver software for your device, you can manually download the most recent version from the driver’s main website.
2. Reinstall the USB controller:
The process of uninstalling and reinstalling the USB controller in Windows 10 is very simple.
1. To begin, open Device Manager and expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers section.
2. Next, right-click each USB controller and select Uninstall Device.
3. After all the controllers are uninstalled, restart your computer.
4. After all the controllers are uninstalled, restart your computer.
5. After the reboot, open Device Manager again and confirm that the USB controllers are no longer present. If they are, repeat the uninstallation process.
6. Finally, insert the USB controller into an available slot on your computer and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
7. By following these steps, you can quickly and easily reinstall the USB controller in Windows 10.
3. Disable hard drive hibernation mode:
If you want to disable hard drive hibernation mode in your Windows 10, there are some simple steps you can follow.
- First, open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
- Finally, save your changes and restart your computer. This disables hibernation mode and helps extend the life of your hard drive.
- However, be aware that this can also cause your computer to start up more slowly. If you have any problems, contact your IT department or a qualified technician before making any changes to your system.
4. Make sure that Windows is up to date:
Windows 10 offers several ways to keep your computer up to date. One way is to enable automatic updates, which will automatically download and install updates (without you lifting a finger).
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and then selecting the Settings gear icon.
Click on Update & Security.
- On the update Windows tab, press to check for the latest updates. Windows will start checking for available updates and automatically install them if they are found.
- If no new updates are found, you’ll see a message saying your computer is up to date.
- Manually checking for updates is a quick and easy way to make sure your computer has the latest security patches and features.
This concludes the post with all possible methods to fix driver WUDFRd failed to load error on Windows PC. Updating Windows to the latest version and making changes to power settings can also help. We recommend using Advanced Driver Updater to fix the WUDFRd driver and other device driver-related issues for Windows. We hope this article helps you to fix WUDFRd failed to load error in Windows 10. We want to know your views to make this post more useful.