Not Enough Memory error gets displayed on the screen. Google chrome is a popular search engine. Millions of people use this for browsing various things. Also millions of websites are available here. You can browse about anything. It provides information for free if your device is connected to the internet.
How To Fix “Not Enough Memory to open this page”?
When this message gets displayed on the screen it indicates RAM Memory. If unnecessary extensions are running in the background this message appears. There are some methods to fix this error:
Method 1: Clear Browser Extensions
Below are the steps to clear browser extension and fix the error:
- When the error “Not enough memory to open this page” displays on the screen.
- Then, press the “Customize google chrome button”.
- Click on more tools. There select Extensions to open the extensions tab.
- Turn off the switch buttons which are ones for extensions.
- Also, you can delete them by clicking on the remove button.
- After turning off chrome extensions close all tabs and chrome. Restart your computer and then open chrome.
- If any third-party programs are running close even them.
Method 2: Remove Background Process
By using the below steps one can remove background apps to fix the error:
- If there is low space then only the “Not Enough Memory to open this page” gets displayed on the screen.
- Right-click on the taskbar and then select “Task Manager”.
- Check here whether any extensive applications are running in the background.
- If you find any application like that. Select it and end the task.
- Close the task manager and check if the error is removed.
Method 3: Expand Page Filing
Follow the below steps to expand page filing and also fix the error using it.
- Click on the “Type here to search” button. Type Cortana the results get displayed on the left-hand corner of the screen.
- After opening, you will find a search column on the corner top of the lefthand. There you type “Advanced System settings” in the search box.
- Then, you click “View advanced system settings” to open the window.
- Now, just select the “Advanced” tab. Then, underperformance, section click on the “Settings” box.
- When you click “settings” the below box is displayed.
- Now, click “advanced” on the “performance options” window.
- Then tap on the “change” button to open the window displayed below.
- Here deselect the “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” option.
- Also, now you select the “Custom size” button.
- Now, you enter a number in the Initial size text. It eclipses the “Recommended” and “Currently allocated” values shown at the bottom of the window.
- You can enter the same size on a “maximum size” text box. Also, the user can enter the highest value in that box.
- Tap on the “Set” button and then click “Ok” to close the window.
Method 4: Off the Hardware Acceleration
By following the below steps you can turn off hardware acceleration
- Open the chrome browser and then click on “settings”.
- Now, click on “Advanced” to expand the “settings” tab.
- check the “Use hardware acceleration when available option”. After seeing toggle it off.
- After that, you restart your google chrome browser.
- By using this method you can fix the “Not Enough Memory To Open This Page Error On Chrome”.
Method 5: Clear cache
By clearing cache, you can fix the problem of memory. Press the Shift + CTRL + Delete button to clear the cache on chrome. By clearing the cache, the history also gets removed. By storing more cache the memory gets reduced. So this will help to fix the issue “Not Enough Memory to open this page”.
One can fix the “Not Enough Memory to open this page” problem. By following any one method mentioned above you can fix the issue. The issue arises if there is low space on your computer.
ALSO READ – Best Adware Removal Apps For Android in 2021