Microsoft Edge Not Opening error can be fixed. However, Microsoft edge is the default browser for windows 10 users. The browser was first introduced for Windows 10. Many people use the Windows 10 version.
About Microsoft Edge
However, Microsoft Edge is the web browser designed by Microsoft. It is a type of cross-platform browser. Moreover, it can be used for windows 10 and above versions only. Also, It can be used as a default browser for Xbox, Xbox One, and macOS. It is highly compatible with the modern web. Also, it is the safest browser than chrome and firefox.
Fix Microsoft Edge Not Opening
Below are some of the methods to fix the Microsoft edge not working.
Following are the steps to restart your Pc:
- Go to the “Start” button.
- There you tap on the “Power” button.
- Here you can see three options namely – Restart, shutdown, and Sleep.
- Then click on the “restart” button.
- After completing restarting open again “Microsoft Edge”.
- Make sure that your Pc connects to the internet.
- Then start browsing. If it works okay if not go for another fix.
2. Repair or Reset
This is another fix where you can repair and reset the Microsoft edge. Repairing means it doesn’t affect any things. While reset means it removes the history, cookies, and some settings made by you. Following are the steps of repair edge.
- Go to the “start” button on your Pc.
- Then you tap on “Settings” and then “apps”.
- Now, you tap on “Apps and features” then to “Microsoft Edge”.
- Under that, you can find “Advanced options”.
- Here you can find “Repair” and “reset” options.
- Tap on any option to fix the not working issue.
- After this open the “Microsoft edge” and then check is it working.
By updating you can fix the outdated files, updates drivers, and fix the small bugs. Below are the steps to update.
- Firstly, go to the “start” button.
- Then search for the “settings” app and tap on it.
- After opening goes for “update and security”.
- There you click on “windows update”.
- Then check for updates. If there are any updates to be done then update them.
- In this way, you can fix the problem.
- After completion of installing updates go and check edge is working or not.
If Microsoft Edge opens but doesn’t work then here are some fixes to make it work
1. Clear Browsing History
By clearing history and cached data you can make the edge work. Below are the steps to clear history
- After opening “Microsoft edge” you click on “History”.
- There you tap on “Clear history”
- Then, select “Browsing history” and “Cached data and files”.
- Now you click on the “clear” button.
- The browsing history and cache will be cleared.
- Now after clearing go to the search bar and try to type something.
- Check is it working or not. if it does not work go for another method.
2. Clear all Browsing Data
While you are searching for any data using the internet. The data gets saved temporarily. It helps the user to load faster. Following are the steps to clear the browsing data.
- Firstly open “Microsoft edge” and then tap on “History”.
- There you can click on the “clear history” option.
- Then tap on the “clear” option.
- The browsing data gets cleared.
- Now, check the Microsoft edge is working or not by typing anything into the search box.
- In this way, you can fix the Microsoft edge not working problem.
PREVIOUS ARTICLE – Best HDMI Splitters For TV And Dual Monitors
Some methods to make the Microsoft edge working are mentioned. Also, information about Microsoft is also given. If Microsoft edge opens but doesn’t work. then two methods are also given in order to fix the issue and make it work like before.